Find out about this rapidly growing way of doing business. Learn about getting online, market research, case studies and more. Prerequisite skills.
In 2017, courses are available 9am - 4pm on Sunday 2 April or Sunday 1 October.
On completion of this course, students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- The differences between traditional commerce and e-commerce;
- How to choose a product or service to sell online;
- The competitive landscape and how to conduct market research;
- Find out what skills you have and what skills you will need;
- What keywords are and why they are so important;
- Choose an effective domain name for your business, both the business name and a keyword friendly domain name;
- The key terms about website development and how to select a website template or web designer for your website project;
- e-Commerce and how to establish an online shop;
- The use of WordPress and PayPal;
- Freight and shipping with respect to online shopping;
- How to monitor and measure your online business with Google web tools
From March 2015 course:
"Best course ever"
"Great course giving u really good overview - and some great real examples" Kristin
"David made the course easy to understand and created an interesting interactive session" Peter
"Excellent delivery. Well-paced and understood well. Great humour" Connie
"This class was highly informative and engaging - the tutor was dynamic, knowledgeable and motivating! Thanks! " Leonie
Basic understanding of computers, internet browsers (eg Explorer, Chrome, Safari or Firefox) and the use of navigation menus and toolbars is essential. Basic understanding of general Microsoft applications is recommended. This course will be held in one of our computer suites, using PCs running Windows 8.