6am Sunday 7 March 2021
As Auckland is now is Alert Level 2, classes will now resume at Selwyn Community Education with some exceptions.
We are emailing most course groups to confirm their classes will restart in the classroom this week. For the small number of courses that cannot resume this week, we are also emailing with new information.
Level 2 Protocols
- One metre physical distancing within classrooms
- One metre physical distancing in hallways and common spaces
- Cleaning learning spaces before and after night school
We ask for your cooperation in meeting these protocols by
- maintaining distance from others and their belongings, desks and chairs
- accessing your classrooms externally this week (rather than using internal school corridors)
- scanning our QR code (in all classrooms)
- use the hand sanitiser provided in all classrooms
- wear a mask if you wish (optional but recommended by the Ministry of Health)
- observing normal safe hygiene practices – sneezing into your elbow crease, stay home if you’re unwell (email us and we’ll forward class notes), wash your hands frequently
Courses that WILL NOT resume this week:
- Tai Chi evening classes – postponed another week
6am Sunday 28 February 2021 updated
Auckland is again in Covid-19 Alert Level 3, for a period of at least a week. This means we are unable to run courses on site. Some of our courses will run via zoom during this time. Other courses will be delayed by a week.
We are in the process of contacting each course group individually with an update via email. We ask for your patience as this process will take some time. We expect to complete this task today, Sunday.
Please continue to check your email regularly as we will email as soon as you can return to class.
A reminder: as we operate within a Controlled Educational Environment, we will be able to resume, with appropriate safety measures, in Alert Level Two.
We’ll provide more detail about this closer to the time.
Stay well everyone.
22 February 2020
All classes resumed today. With Level 1 in effect from midnight tonight, it is business as usual. Classes that were postponed last week are starting this week instead. We have sent emails and/or text messages to all students about their classes. If you’re unsure, check with the office 09 5219623 or email us email@example.com
17 February 2020
With the change to Alert Level 2 in Auckland effective midnight, our programme will resume tomorrow with appropriate safety measures in place.
- physical distancing in classrooms
- extra cleaning measures
- strict monitoring of attendance registers
What we need from you:
- for daytime classes, when Selwyn College students are on site, we need you to access Community Education classrooms from outside the main buildings. We will have staff ready to greet you and show you where to go when you arrive.
- please scan our QR codes every time you enter our school – these are displayed in all classrooms
- maintain physical distance from others in classrooms and hallways and in our office area
- please avoid touching the desks and chairs of others
- bring your own paper and pen and avoid sharing materials
- use the hand sanitiser provided
- follow health recommendations such as frequent hand-washing and sneezing into your elbow
- stay home if you are feeling unwell and seek medical advice
- we recommend that you wear a mask
As Selwyn Community Education is designated a Controlled Educational Environment, we are able to offer classes of more than 10 students in Alert Level 2.
14 February 2020, 8pm. Dear customers
Due to the government’s announcement of Covid Alert Level 3 for Auckland effective midnight tonight, all courses due to start Monday 15th, Tuesday 16th and Wednesday 17th February will be postponed until the following week.
As new information becomes available, we will post updates here and we’ll email all students so please check your mailbox if you have a course due to start.
Stay safe everyone.
Alert Level 2 (if and when)
As we operate within a school, we are deemed a Controlled Educational Environment by the Ministry of Health. Therefore, we are able to operate classes in Alert Level 2, with appropriate distancing, mask-wearing and special cleaning protocols in place. We will provide more information about this soon.
Leave a Comment